Sunday 18 September 2011

Fashion events. Crazy,crazy,crazy!

Before I started studying fashion in University only a couple of short weeks ago, I had ZERO idea how much goes on fashion-wise in my beloved city of Vancouver. There are tons of events going on! Honestly, this town is hopping.Today I am going to see Ivan Sayer, a historical costume collector who is celebrating his 65th birthday tomorrow. He is also the host for "Titanic: A Gala to Remember" , a historial fashion show and gala, on October 15th. I am particularly pumped up for that one. Anyone who knows me knows I have an obsession with fashion and a fascination with the Titanic. After the Ivan Sayers event where he will talk about his collections and his career up until now, I am going to the Kira Kira Tokyo Fashion exhibit at Beaumont Studio. Lots of new and underground clothing and jewellery designers showcasing their stuff, not to mention other artists and dancers and djs. There is so much going on that I feel like a kid in a very cool candy store. Thank god there is so much going on though because I have a Fashion Events project due October 4th, as in a mere two weeks from Tuesday. Wish me luck! I'll report back after all my fun tonight.

1 comment: